25 January 2016

Anastasia Bogomolova - Lookbook


Lookbook
by Anastasia Bogomolova
Design by Julia Borissova
Offset printing, 21 × 28,5 cm, 40 pages + 32 pages of inserts
Including poster 42×59,4 cm
First edition of 90 copies & special edition of 10 copies, signed and hand numbered 
22€ for regular edition (+ shipping)
45€ for special edition (free shipping in Europe)

"Lookbook, where I use my mother's old clothes, 1990s' cosmetics and grandmother's fabrics as a background, has grown out of a desire to restore the images of women of elder generations in the family. But eventually it has turned into a story about the search for my own femininity and sexuality, my first idea of which was formed by Soviet fashion magazines. Working on this project, I reconstructed a girl's ritual of fitting her mother's dresses, trying to rethink childish experience already in adulthood, when I’m approaching the age when my mother gave birth to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment